New Year's Eve in South Bank
It’s that time of year where we all definitely know that it’s Christmas. So now onto the next big annual event, New Year’s Eve.
If like me, you have watched the New Year’s Celebrations on South Bankfrom the warmth of your house/local pub, wishing that you would have been there to experience it all, now is your last chance to make it a reality for 2012/2013….
There are a lot of events going on for New Year’s on South Bank, so to make it slightly easier for you, here are our top 5 picks:
1. If you’d like to feel as if you’re on a 1920’s film set and have stunning river views to boot, the OXO Tower Restaurant, Bar and Brasserie is holding aGreat Gatsby spectacular. The glitz of F Scott Fitzgerald’s famous novel will come to life with sensational decor, swing jazz from the five piece ‘Candid Jug Orange Band’ and scrumptious food.
2. To fast forward to the 1940’s and beyond, don’t miss a Vintage New Year at Southbank Centre, a sensational extravaganza featuring a ‘40’s swing orchestra, a 50’s rock and roll band with ROCK AND ROLL KARAOKE!!! (the winning feature for me) and a 60’s themed bar with costume changes and prizes. To top it all off, you have access to the Southbank Centre balcony for the best view of the NYE fireworks high above the crowds.
3. For a sophisticated and quintessentially English dining experience, celebrate at the New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner at Gillray’s Steakhouse and Bar, starting with a champagne and canapé reception, followed by an exquisite dinner whilst surrounded by magnificent and unforgettable viewsopposite Westminster and Big Ben.
4. Chino Latino will bring the New Year in with views over the river Thames, a Jazz Band and a distinctive seven course menu, following the tradition that the number seven symbolizes togetherness and forms the New Year celebration in China.
5. If you want to be somewhere very exclusive and view the festivities from the river, join the EDF Energy London Eye’s New Year’s Eve Cruise along the River Thames, with champagne, canapés and a four course banquet. You can take in the stunning sites of London before mooring beneath Big Ben with a champagne toast for the London Eye firework show at midnight.
If you dont make it to an indoor event this New Year, come and join us outdoors at the biggest and buzziest event of them all, the midnight New Year celebrations on the South Bank!
And if you’re not in London this New Year, have a toast with us as Big Ben chimes for 2013, and please come and visit us soon…….
Have a healthy and happy New Year,
Rebecca, South Bank London